Author Topic: C4 87 Sunvisor & hardware.  (Read 4782 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
C4 87 Sunvisor & hardware.
« on: February 06, 2016, 04:08:50 PM »
Whilst adjusting the new roof etc rubbers/seals, I had the w/screen trim and sunvisors off. They have a heavy spring held by a large washer with cupped edge to sit over the spring in fact in a "speed nut" configuration. But the sv shaft has a thread on it, normally speednuts dont require a thread. After googling, I see US suppliers have these bits available, the "washer/speednut " comes with a std nut as well, appears this is what the thread is for. I wont go into who converted this car, but once again it appears if its too hard or they dont understand then they throw it away. No nut means that over the years the thread is now RS. Now I can get two sets of washer and nut from the US, but threads are still RS. Leaves a couple of choices, buy new sunvisor shaft (cant see any avail), braze/silver solder the shaft to build up the metal and re-tap new threads. Any ideas. Does anyone have sunvisors surplus, do you or anyone you know do said brazing, if my dad was alive I would not ask as he was brilliant at this stuff, unfortuneatly the apple fell too far from the tree, I normally melt everything into one molten mess. Any help would be appreciated.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Re: C4 87 Sunvisor & hardware.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 06:01:13 PM »
Could you make a new one out of round bar & cut a thread on the end I could bend it to 90 degrees for you

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Re: C4 87 Sunvisor & hardware.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 06:48:45 PM »
That's a possibe Yes. When will I see you next? My next outing is Nelson bay - :or the BBQ. I may also try Richard Stones, he may have complete visors, he doesnt do internet etc.
🖕 Vettech.