Author Topic: Autorama Illawarra 7th Feb 2016  (Read 5921 times)

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
Autorama Illawarra 7th Feb 2016
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
Has anyone heard if this is on?  I heard on a related TV show on muscle cars that the NSW Muscle car association will be there on that date but haven't heard or seen anything yet?  Its usually on at Easts Berkeley in the Illawarra.

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
Re: Autorama Illawarra 7th Feb 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 06:49:38 PM »

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »
Yep, thats it.  Was verbally advertised on Classic Restos yesterday.  There was also a restored green 71 coupe on the show, owners name was Greg if anyone is interested

Offline bootlegger

• Tri Powered
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 08:56:34 PM »
Did you like my eh van? One day ill get my vette back on the road.

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:35:58 AM »
To enter this event I heard they want $ 30 ????😃😃😃

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »
Did you like my eh van? One day ill get my vette back on the road.
Hey Bootlegger, yep sure a credit to ya, pretty much the way I remember them.  Used to be a depot at the bottom of my Street in Wyong, most of them were your colour but some were that beige poo colour.  the green looks nicer.  Liked the way you made it a rapid response version real cool.  Are you taking it to this event?

Toyvet, yes there is a fee, not sure how much but it goes to Lifeline suicide prevention, so its a good cause

Offline mjs

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 04:03:40 PM »
Megs and I had a visit after lunch, not a bad turnout (people as well as cars & bikes).  Only saw 2 vettes mainly a Holden/Ford thing but quite a lot old and new for any petrol head.  Memorable for me were a Starsky & Hutch (who remembers them?) Dodge Challenger and Dodge Charger, which you'd have to buy a shoe-horn to get them into our garage; plenty of Mustangs but the pick of would be the '67 Shelby Mustang; Falcons GT351's, a couple of nice GTR XU1's and I caught Meg's drooling over a red Modified A9X.

Sorry about the lack of pic's the phone ran out of gas after the Chev Impala.  But if any watched the classic restos last year and saw a restored Green 1971 (I think) C3, then you'll recognise this one, albeit with a bit of a tip of the hat to those who remember a bygone era.  Think I was all of 9 years old when I saw 'The man with the Golden Gun' at the drive-IN...