Technical Tips > Transmissions - Differentials

Posi traction

(1/3) > >>

Green69:
Gents,
I have two questions for you.

One: To confirm that you CAN fit a 3.73 ring and pinion onto a positraction previously fitted wit a 3.55.

Two: Can someone give me a measurement.

I need the distance where the arrow is from a 3.55 diff carrier.

Here is another picture showing the difference between two posi carriers. Series 3 and 4

Many thanks in advance.
Thierry

Vettech:
You guys seem to know all this good stuff, so can i ask a few stupid questions, I always understood that Positraction or LSD diffs had those "springy thingo's" like the one in your pic. The positraction was an option available on all diff ratios !  So can I assume that they used the same basic diff and put extra bits in or stronger bits like in your pic ? I can see that the base model 68/69 was either a three speed manual 327 (68) or 350 (69) driving a 3.36:1 diff. But there was three optional 4speed manuals and an M40 TH Auto box driven by a host of 350, 327 and 427 engine options. (No 454's !?!?). One can only wonder how many diffs would then be optional. This is getting a bit tooo NCRSeeeee!

sirfixalot:
I have a 3.55 carrier here that is a doorstop you can have to do all the measurements you like it is stuffed

rosco:
Okay this what I know and Bfit will I hope correct me if I have it wrong.
All ratios to 3.90 came with a series 3 diff, 4.11 and lower were series 4.
3.73 is a after market gearing the Gm one is 3.70.
If your diff came with a 3.55 all good as long as you got a series 3 ratio to put in it.
Series 4 posit will not fit a series 3 rear you will need a series 4 carrier.
I will try and find a contact for you in the states and he will give you all the advise you need on rear ends.

Rosco

bfit:
Series 3.  Up to 3.7:1
Series 4.    3.9:1 up
Bfit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version