Author Topic: Window regulator '79  (Read 4510 times)

Offline mention1

• Four Barrel
Window regulator '79
« on: October 21, 2015, 08:54:09 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a side window which is all out of sorts. Its an electric window and the mechanism jumps around a lot, also you can grab the window and move it around easily.

After taking the panel off it appears the regulator has broken 2 rivets holding it to the door.

The switch and motor are working fine.

So I got a repair kit from Zip and I can see what's wrong but there is warning that professionals should do this (in the enclosed instructions), and I agree as there is mention of large rivets being used and hydraulic pressing machines to put rollers on to the window pane etc.

Anyway I'm too smart to try this myself. Does anyone know a good mechanic with Corvette side window knowledge? I live at Batemans Bay but work in Sydney so down the south side would be best.

Thanks, all the best.
Andy

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
Re: Window regulator '79
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:06:41 PM »
Normally you have to drill the rivetts out to remove mechanism usually it is the bottom  rivett which breaks just drill it out & put in a nut & bolt 1/4" from memory Only dangerous part is if you remove motor there is a hole in mechanism which you have to put a bolt / screwdriver thru to stop the mech moving with your hand in there If you email me probably got pics of a 79 hevyc350@hotmail.com

Offline mention1

• Four Barrel
Re: Window regulator '79
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »
Thanks Geoff, have this sorted now. As usual you were right.