Author Topic: New RMS rego  (Read 27131 times)

Offline Rusty nuts

• Four Barrel
  • President
  • Mood: Happy
  • Car: 1981 coupe
RMS club plate trial
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Hi all,
        The Historic plate registrar (Jorge), is adding our club to the RMS trial classic car registrar, this means that if you wish to try this system ., you can! RMS is also going to trial modified classic rego, Do yourself a favor, and check out the RMS website so you have an idea of what is required of you ,before you ask Jorge to help. You must fill out a log book,and that logbook will be supplied by RMS (you have to pick it up yourself). If you fail to keep the log book up to date fines occur and loss of rego. It is possible to retain you rego plates, but again check the RMS website and know what you get and are responsible for.   bye for now R.N.
readyvettego     Rusty nuts

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
Re: RMS club plate trial
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 08:39:07 PM »
...  check the RMS website and know what you get and are responsible for.

Here: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/historic-vehicles/log-book-trial.html

If you are converting from full registration to conditional registration, you must surrender the full registration and number plates. You may be eligible for a refund of the unused portion of the vehicle tax or registration charge. Please note that a cancellation fee applies. You may also have the full registration number plates reserved at the registry or service centre or issued to a different vehicle for a fee. Distinctive historic vehicle number plates are issued with the conditional registration for a fee.
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Rusty nuts

• Four Barrel
  • President
  • Mood: Happy
  • Car: 1981 coupe
RMS Part 2
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »
More to the RMS sager,  We as a club have applied to RMS for addition to the new" historical plate register  "  . We now have to wait to see if the RMS accepts our request, for addition to the new trial, as not all clubs will be accepted,( why I do not know ). It seems that this trial is to be taken by a trial amount of clubs, maybe it is easier for them to manage, I do not know. Well we have done all that we can to get the ball rolling now it is up to the RMS>   Stay tuned "same battime, same batchannel" WE wil keep you informed.  RN
readyvettego     Rusty nuts

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
Re: New RMS rego
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »
just checked we are now on the approved list for the new rego trial. :banana:
Thank you to all that were involved with getting this going from the Club.
Will be up to RMS on Monday will let you all know how things go.

Rosco

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 05:44:34 PM »
Question
why are we rushing in to pay more fore a new system
I'm curious, is it so much better than the old system.
I see some benefits, but can you trust the government? You know they are going to screw you!
Truck you over, some might say
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
All recent threads of this subject have been merged into the one thread and that thread moved to the appropriate section on the forum here

Camo :hi:
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
:thumbup:
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 72vet

• Supercharged
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2015, 07:34:47 PM »
Luv ya work Cam.  :thumb:
CLICK ME to see my albums.

Offline toyvet

• Tri Powered
  • Club Plate Registrar
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 07:35:08 PM »
HELLO MEMBERS --JUST TO CONFERM ( YES ) WE ARE NOW IN THE NEW REGO TRIAL --ROSCO, GIVE US DETAILS OF HOW YOU WENT .

REGARDS

JORGE

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2016, 07:00:49 AM »
:thumbup:

:thumb: :thumb:

Did we get an outcome Rosco ?

What is the Cost ?

Pity you cant keep you Plate (non H )  :(

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2016, 08:04:48 AM »
Yep went down as soon as the club had been added, all good no problems at all other than RMS had only done a couple of them and it took all little sorting out on there end.
Cost is nothing at all if you are already on club plates,  but if not cost for first yr is $98 and that includes your green slip. Second yr it's only $55.
I don't drive the vet sixty days a yr anyway and the added freedom to take it out when I want really is a great bonus.
Current rego  cost,s on my other cars are around $900-$1000 a yr with green slip.
Buddy give me a pm and I will give you my cell number and give me a call.
And yes you cannot keep your plate if you are on normal rego but if you really like your plate number put it in storage with RMS and you are still way in front till you want to go back to them.
At the moment this is by far the best rego going for a classic. It may go up at the end of the trial which is Oct 2017 and go in line with the Vic System which is double this but still at a $145 it's still a win.
Ps all club runs do not count on your sixty days either they are extras.

Rosco

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
Thanks Heaps Rosco  :cheers:

At this point in time I wont part with OUR69 "plates" so I'll stay as is however is great to know much cheaper option available now that still gives us some freedom  :thumb:

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2016, 08:36:34 AM »
Freedom of choice got to love that, one of the better parts of living in this country.  :grin:

Rosco

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
Rossco,

Any further avail on this matter , i.e. plates and what is available ? or just the same club plates ?

Jethro

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »
Nothing changed that I know of Jethro, but sirfixalot just went through it a month ago he may be able to shed some more light on the matter

Rosco

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2016, 08:37:52 PM »
thats what triggered it Rossco, seen a pic of Geoff's Vette with Club plates on it  :tears: :tears: :tears:

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2016, 05:15:32 PM »
Just in from Council of Motor Clubs

COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE & THE LOG BOOK SCHEME
We have been made aware via the CHMC (Bush Council) magazine,
the Bush Telegraph, that there may be some issues with
comprehensive insurance cover.
Seems that some members contacted NRMA Insurance to check on their cover when using
their vehicles on the 60 day logbook scheme trial.
They say they were told by NRMA Insurance that if the use of the vehicle is not for hobby or
recreational purposes then the cover in their policy is void.
Stated that if it is for private use such as going to the shops or picking up children from
school then there is no coverage.
Hard to define, as going to the shops for a cup of coffee may be considered recreational?
Also informed that they consider that a limit of ten days in any one month is all that the
vehicle can be used for. This may restrict some members who are going on trips with their
club.
You may be able to notify NRMA of a longer trip and they will consider it depending on your
particular history and claims (if any).
The information above is second or third hand but from a reliable source in our opinion.
We contacted Shannons to check what their ideas were and we were told that if the vehicle
is used within the rules of the registration system it is on, then the vehicle is covered by their
policy.
They are monitoring the NSW claims coming in since the Oct 2015 introduction of the
logbook trial to see if anything changes but, at this stage they see no reason to alter policies
or premiums.
We suggest that if you have a policy with any other insurer apart from Shannons it might be a
wise move to enquire about your cover.
Terry Thompson OAM
President, Council of Motor Clubs Inc
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »
The NRMA representative that was invited to the club meeting some months ago also stated this in his address to the members present.
One member of the club has come foul of this already.

Rosco

Offline bfit

• Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2016, 08:40:22 PM »
My opinion of the NRMA ,
I count not put in writing , as I would not want to test the administrators  tolerance .
My experiance
I was tossed out of the nrma,when I was involved in an accident
I was stoped at tragic light, five vehicles from the intersection, at north Wollongong , when I was ploughed from behind .
So I loose my insurance . And could not get and motor vehicle insurance for some 15 years after that.
Some how my vehicle being pushed 18 ft forward and hitting the car I front of me was my fault , not to mention my vehicle was 4 ft shorter.

As far as I am concerned the NRMA are a bunch of phuck wits. In saying that I am trying to be polite .
47 years has not changed my opinion.
I do not have a high opinion of any insurance company.

Bfit
Winston Churchill

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2016, 10:45:09 AM »
Bobby, its not good to bottle up those emotions , let them out son  :grin: