Author Topic: 'Vette Models and Club Clothing For Sale  (Read 5631 times)

Offline JStroud

• I'm new here
'Vette Models and Club Clothing For Sale
« on: August 23, 2015, 07:07:50 PM »
Hi ‘Vette Lovers,

I am a former Club member and ‘Vette owner.  Since that was about 15 years ago, I doubt even the oldest Club stalwarts would remember me or my car: John from Newport on the Northern Beaches; red 1970 454 coup, rego OL454

Anyway, I am about to do the “transition to retirement”, home downsizing thing – and am suddenly confronted with culling down all the stuff accumulated over 26 years, in a house with a dangerously large amount of space in which to do so!  Sadly, “she who must be obeyed” insists I get rid of the Club clothing (spray jacket, polo shirt and Cap) that I never wear anymore – see attached photos.

The jacket and shirt are both size M.  Would like to do so as a job-lot, and since I can’t even remember what I paid for them, am willing to consider any halfway decent offers.  I note that although the NSW branch doesn’t offer this particular type of jacket anymore, SA does – at $95.

“SWMBO” also says I must lose at least some of my beloved collection of ‘Vette models (which is part of a much larger/broader set of about 300 model cars of various brands/genres, which is gonna be a nightmare if we have to move  ‘em all!!)  In particular, because it’s just so bulky, the 1/12th scale “Solido” red/white coves ’58 ‘Vette – shown separately in the attached series of photos – needs to go.   It comes with a year-model name-plated display base and the original box – which has a little water damage on the bottom (but was never meant as a display case per se – ie, doesn’t have a clear plastic window).  The car itself is in “mint” condition.

Looking on eBay, the only ones currently for sale appear to be overseas, mostly US.  There are Starting Bids as low as the equivalent of about A$100 - whereas, I think I paid well over $200 for it, many years ago.   But when you add postage to Oz, the total cost rises to at least about $170 – and this one is only described as being in “good” condition.  Those claimed to be in better nick are asking more – right up the equivalent of over $A750 [Buy It Now] for a “mint’ condition, blue & white, (plus detachable roof) example, from France!  (But I guess that’s the French, for you!....with apologies to any French Club members!!) Anyway, I’m looking for offers around $200

Am also open to (reasonable!) offers on most of the others shown in the group shots – except the ’69 “Credit Agricole” race car. (Sorry, I just realised that I forgot to remove it when taking the photos).   They are mostly a mixture of 1/24th scale Franklin Mints and 1/43rd Matchbox Collectibles.  Also a white “Mira” (sub-brand of Solido?) 1/18th ’53 and an “Exoto” 1/18th Penske Racing ‘66 Grand Sport – both in “mint” condition with original boxes.

Again, the only examples on eBay currently of the Mira ‘53are o/s; mostly US. And the cheapest “BINs” after postage, would cost over $A100 – and none are the original white. Since I don’t really want to part with it (again, just the pressure from SWMBO!) I’d need an offer well above the $100 mark to consider doing so.

And I probably wouldn’t part with the Penske GS, unless I received a particularly high offer.   As best I can recall, it cost me nearly $US300 back in the early 2000’s (when the $A was at an even lower $US exchange rate!)  Once again, the only examples on eBay currently are o/s.  The cheapest, which admits to having many faults and missing the original box, asks about $A224 (BIN).  Better-sounding examples equate to well over $A300 - even before postage, which must be in the order of $70. 

Regarding the Franklin Mint models: again, all are pretty much in “mint” condition.  FM doesn’t supply them in “display” boxes per se, but I will send them in the original postage boxes/foam-casing.   And I have the optional/separate display cases for some of them (I’ll check for any specific models anyone enquires about.)

For all items, buyer to pay cost of postage (standard Aust Post parcel post, or any other method you may prefer to nominate) – or pick-up either from my place (Newport) or some mutually-convenient meeting point.

For enquiries/offers, post here or if wish to discuss, call me (pref AH) on 0411 4266239

Cheers,
John

Offline JStroud

• I'm new here
Re: 'Vette Models and Club Clothing For Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 09:17:35 PM »
Folks,

Am "bumping" this topic, because the house move is now only a week away ("OMG"!)  So unless anyone expresses interest by Saturday night, these items will either get boxed for moving - or in some cases, for going to the tip!  :tears:

Post here - or better still, now with time running out, call me on 0411 426639.

Cheers,
 John

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:38 PM »
Hey John, being a Newport Vettester I guess you may know Wally King?

Hope you don't take that stuff to the tip. I reckon a member will be interested eventually, if you keep bumping it from time to time.

(BTW: I note that OL454 is still on a vintage Chevy.)

It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:22:48 AM »
in some cases, for going to the tip!

I'm unemployed right now so low on cash; don't throw away any C2 coupes before letting me know, I'll see if can gather the pennies.

s

Offline JStroud

• I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
"GTC" - thanks for the kind words of encouragement. And more particularly, thanks for helping me convince "she who must be obeyed" to allow the boxed-up cars to be squeezed into whatever space I can scrounge up in the spare room of the new abode (ie,  rather than a hole in the ground at Kimbriki!  :smilegrin:)

Stephen - best of luck finding a new job.  Since the cars have had a reprieve, let me know when your finances are back on a sounder footing, and hopefully we can do business.

Cheers,
 John