Author Topic: Chrome windsheild header coners  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Stevo

• Let the fun begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Chrome windsheild header coners
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:54:13 PM »
Can someone please give me some advise on replacing the windshield cast / chrome corners on a 69 :huh: :huh:.
Does the windshield require removal to renew these.
Cheers
C3 Corvettes. Interactive art work in motion, most of the time.

Offline wabco40

• Fuel Injected
Re: Chrome windsheild header coners
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:09:26 AM »
Can someone please give me some advise on replacing the windshield cast / chrome corners on a 69 :huh: :huh:.
Does the windshield require removal to renew these.
Cheers

You will need to remove the top ss windshield trim to see if you can access the screws. If the glass does not go to the top of the frame you might be lucky and can undo them, but most likely the glass will be at least half covering them.
The job is a pita as you need to remove the windshield side trim before you can remove the top trim. Also on the top trim you will need to use a trim removal tool to open the retaining clips and be careful not to damage the trim or crack the windshield when trying to open the retainers. Don't ask me how I know this :grr:

Offline Stevo

• Let the fun begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Chrome windsheild header coners
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »
Thanks for that.
It was a larger job than i had imagined, All the top trims were siliconed on with only screws holding the chrome ends.
Yes, your correct you can access the screws depending on the windscreen install with a small screw driver on a angle.
Replaced all the missing screws, metal polished trims and siliconed it back together with some silver silicone to seal the small gaps.
Highly recommend doing a dry install prior to automotive silicone.  1st time was a mess without the dry run, also hours of fun trying to line everything up :hi:.
C3 Corvettes. Interactive art work in motion, most of the time.