Author Topic: 1985 C4 for sale $15,000  (Read 3988 times)

Offline smackc4

• Two Barrel
    • www.australiancorvettes.com
  • Mood: Good :-)
1985 C4 for sale $15,000
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:00:56 PM »
My beloved 1985 C4 Corvette 'The Snow Dragon' is now for sale.
Only 117,000 Miles - Needs some interior trim refitted to complete - All included!
NEW Carpet already fitted (needs vacuum as shown)

Fully Australian complianced & converted to RIGHT HAND DRIVE
Mirror conversion (not chain) - Rack & Pinion Steering.  4 wheel Power Disc Brakes
Fully rebuilt 4 Speed TH700R Auto.

After driving it for some years, I pulled it off the road to replace the carpet and PLANNED to dye the trim black, So - it now HAS new plush-pile black carpet but most interior trim is still currently out. (Both seats are in so it can be driven) Would take less than a Saturday afternoon to refit the plastic trim (i.e, as shown - along door sills and console refitted).

Interior photos taken this morning - Not really much to do to get it back to normal.

New fuel pump, relays, some wiring & hoses just replaced, along with new plugs and battery etc.

350 V8 TPI engine, runs great and handles like on rails!

Digital cluster Dash has just been professionally repaired!
Display is now NICE & BRIGHT & NON-FLICKERING (Rare to find!)

4 speed TH700R AUTO transmission was fully rebuilt with heavy duty innards and shift kit, barely 1200kms ago. Has had its first 1000km service about 200km ago.
New tinted transparent roof panel (not yet mounted in frame).

Over 100 hours spent machine polishing motor parts a few years back (shown in present state - has dulled a bit since then - Would come back up without much effort).

New Alpine CD player and Alpine speakers all round; Sounds fantastic.

This is a FAST car. The project went stale for me; I haven't thus far spent the few hours or so needed to refit the trim...Many new parts ready to go in, like switches etc etc

MANY hours and dollars have been invested into this car. Sadly though, the time HAS come for me to start selling some of my toys due to space needed.

Club rego RENEWED TODAY for 6 months.
Selling UNREGISTERED at this price.

Car has personalised plates '85CIV' (Roman numerals for 'C4' - The model Corvette); Plates NOT included with sale but purchase can be negotiated with sale.

Always Garaged.

Paint is VERY good!
At some stage, it was repainted white (Rare two-tone Bronze from the factory)
Only rear bumper near exhaust outlets could do with a touch-up or repaint, due to exhaust decolourization.

My time is valuable to me, so PLEASE UNDERSTAND - I will NOT be available to stand around for hours with each looker. Test drives will be the final stage of buyer making a FIRM offer to buy.

I am happy to answer any questions you have by email or phone call but will NOT reply to any SMS questions.

Recent video of the car starting and driving:

Here it is, eating some grass...

...And some DIY engine polishing & detailing  pics ~ all 100+ HOURS of it!!!  :?

The plenum...BULK time was spent sanding (about 40+ hours!)

I redid the anodising four times before I was happy with it...

Throttle Body during my polishing stage...

AFTER I then anodised it...

I was impressed at how well the fuel rails polished up...I then anodised the lines and all fittings...

The runners came up really well...It took a LOT of dremelling to get at the tight areas though!

I sanded the intake manifold, then painted with VHT aluminium paint...

A.I.R. Pump tubes cut, then TIG welded closed by 'outlaw', with much thanks.
I then deburred the manifolds, radiused the ports and then painted matt black with hi-temp paint...

The CNC milled bowtie emblem on the oil cap, didn't escape my detailing either...

1985 C4
1980 Custom C3