Author Topic: 4Sale - Corvette & Australian Car Model Collection & Display Cabinet  (Read 6079 times)

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
Hello Fellow Vetters,

I have decided also to sell my collection of Corvette models acquired over many years of searching, and long hours and early morning bids on ebay. This money is going to be put aside for the new Z06 Vette.  :grr:

I have over 140 models,, generally 90% corvette and most of them 69 Corvettes, with a few C2 models, C4 Models and also some australian trax models of monaro's and Gt fords... and other rare brands.  :banana:

The general model brand in this collection is Danbury Mint, with a few Franklyn Mint cars and Carosell.. all the cars are discontinued models which the majority are no longer available as they were bought many many years ago. I also have in the collection a few AFX and Scalectric Corvettes which all have not been used.   :tears:

There is so many cars and so many to look at... The only cars in the collection not going for sale is a red C6 Zo6 and the first model Corvette ever purchased (which is a $5- 1969 Corvette) that I  bought in the dollar shop, the Bubble Head bodybuilder and the trophies.

Please note that some of the cars today would be in the sale price of $1500 plus range, like the gold 1969 astronaut corvette (which only 427 models were made) due to there rarity  :omg:

The display (which is was bought for $1800) is also included in the sale and everything is to be sold is as one complete unit and not for sale in separate lots.

The cars, plus the display cost me well over the $25,000 mark.  :omg:

The cabinet is sealed and dust proof and all the cars, have no dust on them, and come with their original boxes and markings.

They were only taken out of their boxes for display.  If you were to buy the lot and sell them separately, especially on ebay today (which i havent got the time) you would double what im asking for them.  :yap:

The lot for $13,000 . Yes its a lot, but you could not even find these today if you were to even start....Here are some pics  :tears:

[/URL
[URL=http://s67.photobucket.com/user/69vette_1969/media/P1070113.jpg.html]

[/URL
[URL=http://s67.photobucket.com/user/69vette_1969/media/P1070118.jpg.html]

Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline Stevo

• Let the fun begin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Corvette Model Collection & Display Cabinet Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:51 AM »
Is there any chance of buying the 69 yellow convertible 1/16 scale off you.

Thanks
C3 Corvettes. Interactive art work in motion, most of the time.

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:15:11 AM »
Hello Steve, its painful even contemplating selling this collection, however its a one lot sale. I don't want to break it up

Why stop at one Carousel Corvette Model? .. This collection of basically 1969 Corvettes would look awesome in your man cave !!!

As I have decided to go C6, the cars need to go. . think about it...hmmmmm

Offline Stevo

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 04:22:22 PM »
Sorry
I know it must be hard, I thought you might be be able to release just x 1 to match my car. They had a sale on 2 months ago at corvette central and i missed out. Out of production stock.

If you change your mind.??????????????? :banana: :banana: :banana:

Cheers Steve

Offline MR 502

• Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »
Hi Stevo, welcome to the forum, nice 69 you have. To get a model of it just go on eBay USA and search Corvette 1969 1/18  Yellow. There are two brands of convertibles , one made by Autoart for about $150 and one by Revell for about $40 also try 1/25 scale (plastic ) and 1/32 scale and 1/43 scale and 1/64 scale. Good luck

Offline Stevo

Re: 4Sale - Corvette & Australian Car Model Collection & Display Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 09:47:51 AM »
Thanks for that.
Love the forum, very informative.

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
Re: 4Sale - Corvette & Australian Car Model Collection & Display Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:10 PM »

Stevo.

The yellow 1/8 scale 69 Better that is on display is a Carosel model. .if u want the same one.

Michael