Author Topic: C4 Electric Seats.  (Read 5514 times)

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
C4 Electric Seats.
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:00:39 PM »
ANYONE have any knowledge of GM/Holden type electric seats. The C4's have problems with the gearbox or transmission located under the seat which gears the DC motors to the different functions required. The gears etc are held in place within the gearbox by a white plastic spider (carrier). These crack, allowing gears to spread apart and then strip. The stripped gears are usually the Fibre Gears (inbuilt redundancy). I know they are available from the states, BUT does anyone know if they were used in Holden/Calais/SMans etc here in Oz. Surely Holden would not re-invent the wheel when the US already had them. Any info would be good before I annoy local wreckers.

🖕 Vettech.

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
Re: C4 Electric Seats.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:50:53 PM »
No replies, what does that say, change of tack, Does anyone have working C4 electric seats, or maybe some other seats that could be interchanged or used as parts.
Any and all info is very welcome. I've got three transmissions (seat) and unless you have the moulded nylon (plastic) gear carrier (the old ones usually split) then you cant repair them here in Oz.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline White88

• Four Barrel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »
Yes I have working C4 seats , just done the drivers side replaced the complete base , I have a spare base if you want, goes back and forth but not up and down at the front.
They are  totally different from anything local. You can now get gearboxes only instead of the whole base from the US.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
ill send you photos of the one`s I have , they may do the job.
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 03:46:00 PM »
I already had a nice reply, albiet sarcastic, somehow it went into the back hole, probably a good thing as I now have offers coming ftom everywhere, this really highlights the real meaning of  "clubs". Sorry guys - just "had too" throw that in. No wonder "B" unfriended me on facebook.
Anyway will talk in future as battery down to 9%.   God thats a real nice '88.
🖕 Vettech.