Technical Tips > Radiators - Cooling

Water temperature

(1/1)

onya:
On the trip to Lithgow the water temperature was between 68 and 75 as by the readout is this good.

Thunder Kiss:
Onya, you must have a 160 degree F thermostat installed.
I have a 180 degree thermostat and a fan switch that turns my fans on earlier and my car normally sits between 80 - 90 degrees c.  Before I had these fitted the temp was between 89 - 110 degrees c.

Someone told me if you use a 160 degree thermostat the cars computer may not go into closed loop mode.  Anyone have opinions on that?

77CVT:

--- Quote --- ... Someone told me if you use a 160 degree thermostat the cars computer may not go into closed loop mode.  Anyone have opinions on that?
--- End quote ---

Bogus!  A 160 thermostat has no effect once the temp gets above 160 - if your car runs at 185deg it makes no difference if you have a 160 or a 180 thermostat.  A 160 just opens earlier.

I think it goes into closed loop aroung 50deg.  I have a 160 and rune the same temps as Onya.  Before my rebuild it ran at 80-85deg but now runs from 68-78deg (h'way)! ;eek  Shows what a totally clean block can run at.

onya:
Thanks guys, it's just that I'm new to the world of vettes and am learning slowly.;27;29

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version