Author Topic: 2016 28th National Corvette Convention Bendigo Vic 25th -28th March Now With Pics  (Read 19414 times)

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
  :hi: For those of you who are wanting to go to the National Convention in Bendigo next Easter here is a link to the brochure and entry form.

http://corvettesofmelbourne.com/?page_id=27

You can pay by direct deposit by cheque and they also have credit card facilities online at the bottom of the entry form.

Accommodation is at The Schaller Art Hotel in Bendigo but is limited to 120 rooms so please get in early .03 4433 6100 or search online. Remember this is separate to your convention entry and must be done individually.

Click flyers for larger view

****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Update Just In from The committee of the Melbourne Convention
Not long now.  Less than 5 months. So, just a quick update to let you know how things are progressing with the Convention.

Entries are coming in at a steady rate and we are a little ahead of where we thought we might be.

The Schaller Hotel advises there are only 30 rooms left for Easter, so once again we recommend that you let your club members know that they should be contacting the Schaller as soon as possible to book their rooms.  To book at the Schaller you need to do it over the phone; 1800 278 468 and mention the Corvette Convention.

The Quest apartments still have 20 rooms set aside for us.  To book at the Quest phone (03) 5410 1300.
As encouragement for people to enter early we are offering free entry and accommodation at the Schaller for one lucky entrant.  All you have to do is register and pay your entry before 31 December 2015.  We will draw the prize on the first night.  What a way to start your convention.

To date about 65% of entries have nominated for the cruise.  The Bendigo Light Car Club advise that about 50 cars is the maximum
for the motorkhana. This will allow plenty of runs on courses varying from quick to slower and more challenging.

It is also timely to thank and start to promote our sponsors for the convention. The RACV and NuTuls have signed on as gold sponsors. Corvette Clinic and Corvette Central have again generously come on board as silver sponsors along with Mothers Products.

Of course we are also looking to the support of all the Corvette clubs sponsorship of trophies for the Show n Shine and driving events.

We look forward to seeing you all at Easter.

The Committee
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline sirfixalot

• Fuel Injected
  • Committee Member & Tech Adviser C3-C4
certanly some good looking members in Victorian Corvette club

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Hi Ive just recieved a bit of an update on entry and accommodation for The NAtionals at Easter

Entries and Accommodation

If any of your members have booked their accommodation but not entered, or are still making up their minds about a great Easter in Bendigo, it is critical to us that they submit their entries sooner rather than later.  This is important in ordering shirts and port, plus bedding down arrangements with venues.

Rooms are still available at the Schaller Hotel and Quest Central but there are cut off dates where these rooms will no longer be held for the convention. 

The Schaller Hotel number is 1800 278 468.  It is important callers mention the Corvette Convention.  The cut off date is 24 February.  The Schaller is recommended as it Convention HQ and where most entrants will be staying.

The Quest Central number 5410 1300 and the cutoff date is 8 February.

Thanks for helping with this.

Cheers

Garth and the Convention Committee

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Hi Everyone
We are only 6 weeks out from the Nationals in Bendigo . If anyone hasn’t booked accommodation I have a spare room at the Art Schaller. This room was secured at the cheaper than advertised price so if you want it please contact me asap first in will secure it .

We also have convoys leaving on various days starting on Wed 23,Thursday,24 or Friday 25th If you would like me to put you in contact with people travelling on these days please sent me an email and I will pass on your details.

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
JUst received this email from one of our members attending the convention.. If you are going and have not received acknowledgement that you have paid please contact Joe

Dear All,

This is both an acknowledgement that I’ve received your registration and a test email to check your email address for future information to be sent to you about the Convention in Bendigo.

You can assist me in two ways…

1.   Please respond letting me know you got this email. (very important!)
2.   If you know of someone coming to the Convention who has not received this email, please ask them to contact me as their registration may have gone astray.

The Convention Committee will be in touch soon with Convention updates.

Cheers,
Joe

(NCC 2016 Registrations Secretary and Treasurer)

Technology Venture Resources Pty Ltd
1/44 Warburton Road
Canterbury VIC 3126
+61 418 478 814
www.techvr.com.au

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Update for the 2016 Bendigo National Corvette Conventions
Friday
Registration from Friday arvo, welcome night kicks off around 6pm with a delicious spit roast from the well known “Hot Rod Roasts” followed by lots of mingling and a glass or two
Saturday
Up early for the Bendigo parade lap before parking the cases in a prominent part of the Easter Festivities. For our show and shine there will be trade displays as well as you will be in the heart of the famous Bendigo Easter Festival lots to see and do till around 3pm. Then back to HQ for a rest/freshen up before being whisked off for a buffet style dinner at the newly restored/renovated “Ulanbara” Bendigo jail. Our evening will be hosted by none other than the Nelson Twins and boy are they funny. A few presentations before watchingthe amazing fireworks on the terrace.Either head back for a night cap or stroll into the city centre where the party will go on until the wee hours.
A day of rest? (not likely) After breakfast we split into two groups.
1 Motorkana at the sale yards where we will be having a bit of spirited fun with our cars on a course the same as Victorian Motoring Championships,professionally run by the Bendigo Light Club.
2.Will be cruising through th picturesque gold country for a morning tea at Motore Museum before a leisurely drive to a gourmet lunch provided by the gold club.
Once back at the base and a few drinks you will be picked up via coach for a tranquil drive to Chateau dore a beautiful boutique winery not far away. After a final presentation on the lawn with a glass of bubbles or beer. While we ease into the dinner service of great local produce and matching bottles of wine on request. The well known trio of legendary rocking rollers Wendy Stapleton (Wendy and the Rockers) Paul Norton (Stuck on You and Under the southern Sky), Gerry Hail (the Master of String Instruments) will keep you dancing and bopping.
The Monday morning BBQ breakfast egg and Bacon roll will be in the well respected hands of the Rotary Club of Bendigo before a teary farewell.

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
The Convention is getting closer...just three weeks to go!

We have had a tremendous response and have over 200 people attending with around 115 corvettes in Bendigo for Easter.

The committee want to thank you all for registering and in particular our many sponsors who have contributed to make this all possible.

As mentioned in previous emails, registration will be at the Schaller Hotel reception from 10am on Friday 25 March.

On Friday evening at the Schaller, we'll have a buffet for our meet and greet over a drink or two.  We'd like you all to wear your own club shirt or Corvette shirt on Friday evening.

The Saturday night cocktail party at Ulumbarra (Old Bendigo Gaol) will have a "black and white" theme. We'll leave it up to you...convict or cocktail dress or whatever takes your fancy!

We suggest smart casual and comfortable attire for dancing at the Gala Dinner on Sunday night at Chateau Dore.

Thank you to those who've already volunteered to assist with judging at the show n shine on Saturday morning.  We have about 11 judges now but could use 3 or 4 more.  Let us know if you can help.

There is a Marilyn Monroe exhibition at the Bendigo Art Gallery from March 5.  If you are interested and you have some time in Bendigo, you'll need to book on-line.
See... http://www.bendigoartgallery.com.au/Home

Please let us know if you have any questions at all.

There be more information on its way to you in the coming weeks to ensure you are prepared to have a great 2016 Corvette Convention.

Cheers,
Joe

Offline MY081

• I'm here. Woo Hoo! :)
  • Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
re:  Bendigo National Convention Road Trip - Wednesday 23rd March.
For those of you who will be travelling with us on Wednesday 23rd March, we will be meeting at the south-bound service centre at Pheasant's Nest at 7am and DEPARTING 7.15am SHARP.  Please notify Ray on 0412 469275 so we know exactly who and how many will be joining us so no-one is left behind.
Thanks guys,
Ray

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
 :banana: :banana: I will be there nice an early to get a coffee before we head off. For all off those who said they are travelling with us can you please confirm that with Ray.
Kevin and Anne will be meeting as at Yass as well as Andrew Thanks  :banana: :banana:

Offline jagsy

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Always happy
  • Car: 2008 Z06 Jetstream Blue
I'm travelling Wednesday, race on, let's go the long route

Offline sabre

• Tri Powered
  • C4 Rocks but Excalibur Cruises
  • Mood: How good is retirement!
re:  Bendigo National Convention Road Trip - Wednesday 23rd March.
For those of you who will be travelling with us on Wednesday 23rd March, we will be meeting at the south-bound service centre at Pheasant's Nest at 7am and DEPARTING 7.15am SHARP.  Please notify Ray on 0412 469275 so we know exactly who and how many will be joining us so no-one is left behind.
Thanks guys,
Ray
Bit early for us Ray so we'll see you at Albury for the convoy to Bendigo on Thursday.
Will be going through Pheasants Nest between 10 and 10:30 if anyone else is having trouble getting there early.

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
No worries Gary have a safe trip , we wont party too hard till you get here .!!! Ray

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Are you there yet. Where are the first pics!?!...

Im stuck in a recliner, and need something to grumble at.
🖕 Vettech.

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
Arrrr uncle Doug we are going to miss you at the bar .

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
hi Ray
we will be leaving later on the Wednesday  see you at the first night stop.
bob
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Vettech

• Supercharged
  • The rocket sled in Steel Blue.
  • Mood: Electrofied.
  • Car: C3 78 + C4 87 + C4 90
Thanks for your call Ray. I'll just reset my time clock etc etc and maybe have a long sleep and wake up on the correct day in the correct month at the correct time. She has been talking about an "Ole Persons Home" for me, no!  not the very close one down the street but a really nice one in  Yanchep Sun City - (look it up).
🖕 Vettech.

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
Thanks for your call Ray. I'll just reset my time clock etc etc and maybe have a long sleep and wake up on the correct day in the correct month at the correct time. She has been talking about an "Ole Persons Home" for me, no!  not the very close one down the street but a really nice one in  Yanchep Sun City - (look it up).
Mate next thing we know you will be driving a mustang
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline MY081

• Fuel Injected
  • Pleb
No problem Mr  Bfit see you in Aulbury drive safe watch for the man in blue ( put Gary in front c4s have cruise control )