Author Topic: Safe accommodation.  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Hallsy

• Four Barrel
  • I miss the old days.
  • Mood: Always happy.
Safe accommodation.
« on: April 18, 2015, 04:16:02 PM »
HI EVERYBODY.
I don't want to fill up this site with unnecessary posts but couldn't find anything on this subject.

On my road trip home from Adelaide with my daughter,I didn't want to stay where my new pride and joy was going to be accessible and out in the elements,so my cyber brainiac daughter would try to find "safe" places on the web/net/cyber topic. Not much luck there but we did find one very secure place and a few safe-ish places along the way.
I have no affiliation with these places and I am not being paid. I just want to share if anyone is interested.
Also,it would be good if others felt like adding their own recommendations.

First night:
Murray Bridge: Central Olympic Motel,run (owned by Aubrey,his wife (and their two cute little dogs).
We called in on the off chance and were wonderfully surprised when "Orb" said "Sure,I've got a lock up shed out the back" AND NO EXTRA CHARGE!!!! Woohoo!!!

Second night:
Warrnambool (pronounced Warnmbull not war nam bull, or you'll p#iss the locals off,lol).
Nowhere in town as they were having some sort of Hoe down (Ag show or rodeo or something) but we chanced the Warrnambool Holiday Park and were lucky to get a four berth with ensuite cabin with the parking space between our cabin and the next.Spot was right outside the door and windows (I still put her lockable blankly on though and got up to check a few times during the night......hmmmm,maybe I've got prostate trouble,lol). Proprietors were really nice,although hubby was a sh#t stirrer,bagging me about my mid life crisis and that he was gonna pinch my car.

Third night:
Lavers Hill.
I forget the name of the place. We were practically the only ones staying there and go the end unit and parked under a big awning right outside the room. Even so,I left the door ajar so we could hear (bit stupid cause I'm deaf in one ear and sleep on my eighty five percent hearing ear). My daughter was p#issed off in the morning cause the mozzies had a wonderful feast of carnivore me and vegan her,lol.

Word of warning,from Mt Gambier to Apollo Bay,they only sell ninety one octane,that we could ,find.Heard tell of ninety five somewhere but we couldn't find it. Plus I only use ninety eight.
Thanks for reading (if you got this far)

Sorry for the long post.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
But I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.😱