Author Topic: And introducing  (Read 4585 times)

Offline 76Vett

• Four Barrel
  • From the Shire
And introducing
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
Well here it is, 9 months after shipping the barely running and barely drivable vet down from Townsville and with many skinned knuckles, sweet, swearing and anxious times behind, it is now rego’ed and on the road. There was more work to do on it than I had anticipated so therefore more dollars thrown into it but some of that was my choice, just being fussy and wanting it to look as good as possible. I also installed front and rear parking sensors, LED lighting for all except headlights and a full Retrosound audio system with a sound bar in the rear compartment. There are still a few things I need/want to replace or fix but at least now I can take it out and play with it.  :banana:

I would like to thank all those who replied to my posts and questions, your advice and tips were very helpful. A big thank you must go to Geoff (Sirfixalot) for his words of wisdom and assistance. Also I would like to praise and recommend Ron Missen and his team for the fantastic service and workmanship they provided in doing the suspension refurbishment, trans service and other little things they found and corrected.

I’m looking forward to at last joining you all on a run in the vet rather than turning up in the shopping trolley, so we will see you soon. Allen

Before

After

The answer really is 42

Offline 69CVET

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Big Block
  • Car: 1972 Big Block 4 Speed
Re: And introducing
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Looks the goods Allen  :thumb:
Love the Black and the Lights   :cheers:

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:29 AM »
 :thumb: Congrats Allen and well done  :banana: :banana:
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:10 AM »
Fanstaticlly transition and looks awesome
Lefty
79 vette

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:23:07 PM »
Very nice!

We'll have to see this one make an appearance at some events.

http://nswcorvettes.com.au/forum/index.php/board,6.0.html

s

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 08:38:40 AM »
Allen is that the original Mahogany paint code or have you changed it slightly, it looks stunning.  :drool:

Ross

Offline 76Vett

• Four Barrel
  • From the Shire
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
Hi Ross, Thanks for the comment. No it was resprayed by the previous owner when he started the rebuild in 2010 and that was as far as he got. It is a Mazda colour called 'Cherry Black Mica' or something similar as they changed the name over the years it was available.

Cheers Allen
The answer really is 42