Author Topic: Rally Wheel Trim Rings  (Read 3877 times)

Offline COD

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
  • Mood: Pleased
Rally Wheel Trim Rings
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:41:45 PM »
I am about to restore my original wheels and wanted to restore the original trim rings.  I have the original trim rings but they are a little out of shape and some gutter rash to boot. But after being held to ransom by a local, wanting $1,000 to restore them, I have decided to look at other options.  So, was looking at new ones and see that OEM style 4 clips sell for around $400 and upwards a set from the states.  There seems to be a lot of replacement ones that look just as good, albeit with lots of clips.  These sell for under $100 and seem good value.  Just wanted to know if anyone has bought trims rings and what the word on the street is for quality and value for money.  I really am not chasing concourse, just want it to look good.

Offline rosco

• Four Barrel
Re: Rally Wheel Trim Rings
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:43:08 AM »
COD
I have a set of Originals and a set of after market replacements, will bring one of the replacements tomorrow so you can have a look.
Big thing to look for is that they have the correct depth as the originals other than that nothing to worry about.
Also have a set of the rally caps that are plastic replacements which I was using in the state,s they are good also, did not want to loss one of the originals on the bad roads, will bring one of those also for you to have a look.

Ross

Offline COD

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »
Thanks Ross, I have read that some of the replacements have a yellowish tinge to them, so yes would like to see the ones you have.  My caps are in very good order and are the originals.  See you tomorrow.

Offline COD

• Two Barrel
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
Got the wheels done and new trim rings from Corvette Central.  The rings are near perfect match, except for the clips.

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 03:46:11 PM »
Looks good!
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!