Author Topic: '69 Manual Coupe for Sale [Canberra] $45k obo.  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Nik

• Four Barrel
    • http://www.niksweb.com
'69 Manual Coupe for Sale [Canberra] $45k obo.
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:12:35 AM »
Hi there

I'm not sure as a non-club-member if I'm allowed to advertise my vette here.

I have a '69 Vette that I purchased about 10 years ago at Corvettes in Carlisle, PA, from Tom Barr.  While I love the car, I've lost the passion for now, and I have other ambitions, it's sad to see it go but I'd prefer to sell the car to someone here if possible so that I know it's going to enthusiastic good hands.  If you look through my previous posts you'll see that I was rather active on this forum 10 years ago.  I was surprised my profile was still active :)

Anyway, it's a metallic blue, original sidepipes (with added extractors),  born on November 21 of '69.   You'll get everything I have to do with the vette - there are a few bolt ons right now but the original engine parts will also be made available. 

So far from carsales, I've been offered a boat in exchange... uh.  :leaving:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Chevrolet-Corvette-1969/SSE-AD-2854399/?Cr=12&sdmvc=1

Photos will be approved on that ad today some time, please excuse what appears to be my dad's unstable hands. :)

Please note, as I mention in the ad, I would prefer to leave the car to an enthusiast.  Someone who would love the car and nurture it - and send me baby snaps  :pepper:

Here's a rundown of the ad:
1969 Chevy Corvette Coupe L46 350/350.   

Marquis (metallic) Blue Colour, Black interior, flared wheel arches.

This is an original manufactured sidepipe car - not a bolt on sidepipe. It sounds awesome!  Your neighbors will love you!  No, seriously. 

While I have modified the engine with bolt-ons, the original parts are sitting in boxes and will come with the car. 

Main bolt ons include:
- MSD ignition (distributor and 6AL controller box), with mechanical tach drive (doesn't require retrofitted electric tacho to work)
- Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminium intake manifold
- Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminium heads
- Holley 770cfm Street Avenger Carb
- Deep dish wheels. Rears: 15x10, Fronts: 15x8.  Original wheels also come with the car.
- 3" Headers/Extractors
- L88 hood (required for the carb size, no other hood available).

Other things of note
- Astro ventilation windows
- M21 4sp synchro'd gear box

Engine was rebuilt prior to purchase, so runs fine on unleaded (98ron or more, please!).

The clutch is not hydraulic. 

This car was purchased in Carlisle, PA, when I lived in the US 9 years ago, I have not rego'd it since bringing it back and I am yet to do a roadworthy, so I'm selling it.   The purchase was from a gentlemen who was president of the tri-state corvette club (OH, PA, WV), off memory he also helped set up the Canberra Corvette Club and has a strong affiliation with the NSW Corvette Club (or vice versa).

There are approx 60,000mi on this car. 

The ad will be updated when I check it out from storage.  Please note that due to the time in storage, there is some work to be done to the car, but to get it rego'd, new supension bushes and one or two other things is about all that's required.  The body could do with a new coat (from a distance of 3m it's fine).

I love the car but have other ambitions right now, I have preference to sell it to someone who loves classics, especially corvettes/american classics, and I'd love to keep in touch if that's not too much to ask.  Yes, this is like a child, at this current time, a neglected child, but I'd love to buy it back in 10 years once you're done with it.

My Car Domain Spot
www.niksweb.com :evil