Author Topic: Buying a 1976 C3 in NSW not registered and recently imported  (Read 16548 times)

Offline Scott

• Tri Powered
  • Shed Dweller
Re: Buying a 1976 C3 in NSW not registered and recently imported
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 08:18:51 AM »
You'd be surprised (or maybe not) at the amount of people asking forums for opinions and the first thing they're concerned with is resale.  I guess nobody wants to ruin their cars for the future.

s

I just did the sacrilegious thing of cutting the dash in my 65 Mustang to install a modern stereo with bluetooth phone connection etc.  It's been my daily driver for the past 3 months, so I wanted easy access to the stereo, rather than having it tucked away in the glovebox.  Some people think it's the worst thing to do to a car ever.  I'm enjoying it much more now as it's so much easier to control my music.  It's not a rare model, so it doesn't matter.

Likewise with my vette.  It's a 73 with 80's front end and 80's interior, aftermarket suspension arms, a 400 sbc and soon to have a TKO slapped in to replace the auto.  My car, my choice.  Sure if I ever sell it (not likely) there may be a few people who won't buy it because it's modified, but there are other people that would be interested as it has been upgraded.  Wabco and Dirty Rat both have cars that are not stock and are awesome.

Build your cars for you!

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 09:21:02 AM »
I just did the sacrilegious thing of cutting the dash in my 65 Mustang to install a modern stereo with bluetooth phone connection etc.  It's been my daily driver for the past 3 months, so I wanted easy access to the stereo, rather than having it tucked away in the glovebox.  Some people think it's the worst thing to do to a car ever.  I'm enjoying it much more now as it's so much easier to control my music.  It's not a rare model, so it doesn't matter.

Likewise with my vette.  It's a 73 with 80's front end and 80's interior, aftermarket suspension arms, a 400 sbc and soon to have a TKO slapped in to replace the auto.  My car, my choice.  Sure if I ever sell it (not likely) there may be a few people who won't buy it because it's modified, but there are other people that would be interested as it has been upgraded.  Wabco and Dirty Rat both have cars that are not stock and are awesome.

Build your cars for you!

I'm with you one the fact 
You own it do as you  wish  with it to suit your requirements
Those in the original number matching BS  can do their thing as they want, so can those of us who are more in the hotrod generation
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline StephenSLR

• Fuel Injected
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 11:23:05 AM »
You own it, do as you wish with it

Yep and if you're selling don't ever let anyone try to haggle down your price with the excuse they'll have to change this and that.

That's their problem.

s

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 05:34:47 PM »
AZ
mate I been look to see whats around in78/79 models
there is a shirt load of them and asking prices are not to dear

but remember its the sh_t you cant see that will cost dearly in the long run.
 get   down and look under them

also 78/79 have steel floors ( RUST  big time )
Bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill