Author Topic: Collectors Car  (Read 6349 times)

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It
Collectors Car
« on: December 28, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »

I found this on car sales.. the advertisement reads:

"Beautiful C4 in pristine condition, first to see will buy, Regretful sale ... Collectors Car ... lovely condition with tinted black glass removable roof, dark tinted glass, great Bose Denon sound system, custom mag wheels, nearly new Eagle Tyres ... car is no longer used, open to offers
... A delight ... would consider exchange for a quality diesel motor home, cash either way ... check this one out" :omg:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Chevrolet-Corvette-1986/SSE-AD-1044135/?Cr=154&sdmvc=1

Check it out....
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
Re: Collectors Car
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:23:22 AM »
well, to me, it dont look too bad, looks like everything works inside, just needs a REALLY good clean!!

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
Everybody has a different idea as to what is a collectors car, and in pristine condition.. personally, pristine to me means like it just came off the show room floor... like new !!.  :omg:

LOL  :bolt:

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
I found this beauty on ebay USA,  :toetapping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Corvette-2-Door-Coupe-1969-chevrolet-corvette-rare-l-89-bloomington-gold-frame-off-/121243193123?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c3aa84f23&item=121243193123&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Now this is what i call a collectors car and pristine..... check it out... yum yum....  :bbq:

Very nice, and could be bought for less if you have the caaash  :banana:

Offline Lefty

• Lefty
  • Four Barrel
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:30:40 AM »
I saw a show last week where the aluminium head vet, with low production numbers was mentioned, very affordable collector. I was thinking after the show aired, these may be in higher demand as everyone will want one.

Cheers,

Lefty
79 vette

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:47 AM »

Hello Lefty,

Yes rare cars only go up in value if left in original state, are fully genuine with accompanying documentation and have little or none kms on them and not so much restored.

However, like the iconic Australian Gt Ho, there seems to be more and more good forgeries out there, so you have to have a good knowledge and keen eye to pick them out. These days, people are now even replicating protecto plates, and tank stickers etc because there id big bucks in these cars.

Whilst its great to say you have a numbers matching L89 or even L88, your then restricted to preserving the car, and not wanting to drive it to keep the kms down for future resale values.

It would be great to have that much money to do that, but unfortunately some of us don't.

So depending whether you want a paperweight in the garage or a car to drive all the time, then you need to consider the purpose before the purchase. Having gone through that with a genuine restored small block 69, i prefer these days to have a nice modified Vette.

Michael

Offline coradict72

• Four Barrel
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:42 PM »
Unfortunatley that 1986 corvette from WA cant be registered
in NSW for another 2 yrs its left hand drive so forget that one but an 84 can be registered
Mick D has a beaut 84 for half the 86

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »
Hello Lefty,

Yes rare cars only go up in value if left in original state, are fully genuine with accompanying documentation and have little or none kms on them and not so much restored.

However, like the iconic Australian Gt Ho, there seems to be more and more good forgeries out there, so you have to have a good knowledge and keen eye to pick them out. These days, people are now even replicating protecto plates, and tank stickers etc because there id big bucks in these cars.

Whilst its great to say you have a numbers matching L89 or even L88, your then restricted to preserving the car, and not wanting to drive it to keep the kms down for future resale values.

It would be great to have that much money to do that, but unfortunately some of us don't.

So depending whether you want a paperweight in the garage or a car to drive all the time, then you need to consider the purpose before the purchase. Having gone through that with a genuine restored small block 69, i prefer these days to have a nice modified Vette.

Michael

Michael you put some good points  here.
To me  a  collector car comes in 18:1 ratio .
I take my hat of to those who put the effort into to their vehicle to  be a real show creditable vehicle.

I don't see the point of a vehicle that has no mileage and no intent to drive it anywhere.
That is an expensive garden nome to me.

As for cars as an investment .
I don't see it, there is much better ways of investment to make a quid.
A vehicle for investment takes up none payed time, and up keep to maintain the investment.
And for most people there is no tax deduction 
A modified vehicle ,yes that's my world  from mild to wild or some where in between.
Throw your money at you vehicle with no regrets ,then enjoy it.

Cars in the club range from nice to excellent
Of all those that I have seen none are standard as they left factory. 

It's interesting to see, as our dollar is dropping
The vettes coming out for sale and the asking prices!
What is that old saying
Let the buyer beware
Bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »
Hello Bfit,

I fully agree with you there mate, if you want to invest, personally go and buy a property or two, or even beta yet... gold bullion as that the only sure guarantee in my eyes.. :banana:

And the prices currently being asked on Vettes for sale..
Well, people need a reality check !!!  :banghead:  :therethere:  :banghead:

Seriously, before i bought my C4, i had some interesting chats with a few sellers, and thats why after going to brisbane also to look at three other vettes, i decided on purchasing mine as the seller was very resonable and understanding that the market is not what it used to be two- three years ago!  :thumb:

Yeeep..All cars loose in value, definitely agree there, only on the rare occassion will you ever make money or brake out even at best...

Anyway, lets enjoy the new year with a high !!  :drag:

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 01:40:20 PM »

I don't see the point of a vehicle that has no mileage and no intent to drive it anywhere.
That is an expensive garden nome to me.

As for cars as an investment .
I don't see it, there is much better ways of investment to make a quid.
A vehicle for investment takes up none payed time, and up keep to maintain the investment.
And for most people there is no tax deduction

Well i think haveing a nice car , that you drive can be some sort of investment, while your not going to make a ton of cash, especially if you own a comadore of falcon, if you have a nice collector car that is in or near factory state, it can be a worthwile investment, and, its good as you can drive and have fun in your investment.
Every car that i have bought, i have sold and made a nice profit, and enjoyed the car at the same time.
I supose its really up to what sort of car you buy or have. some are worth more than others.
Just dont expect to cash in on your investment the next day, as it can take a while to sell your investment.

I would rather invest my money in a few nice cars that will always get my money back on and have a lot of fun in the process. better than watching your crappy qantas shares do nothing on a computer screen, at leaset we all here can enjoy our investments.

I do know one thing, as the dollar is dropping , for those of us lucky to buy at the right time, your car will defenatly be worth more over the coming months years.

You are correct though Bfit, I wouldnt just go buy a car thinking its going to increase in value to the point where you will double your money.

Offline raafrebel

• Four Barrel
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »
http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/cab6bff4f2e14c9fa38026dea5d13dd9/1975+chevrolet+corvette+2-door+coupe.html

as far as flipping a car to make a few bucks, (and there is nothing wrong with that) there are some great buys in the usa

Look at this one, VERY tidy 75 ( not my bag thought) and you could buy this one for around 15k AU,(i know Mike the owner) , Im sure you could get between 25-30 k for this beuty here, its in fantastic origonal condition.
Might take a while to sell, but there would be easy 5-8k profit in a car like this

Mike specializes in STANDARD un modified collector cars, And he sure does have sone nice ones

http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/c15937adc2644be6bfc83fced77c9aa3/1979+pontiac+trans+am+2-door+sedan.html

http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/28643e55033e429fb678700b38896eaf/1972+pontiac+firebird+2-door+sedan.html
stunning!!

http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/32c47a0fa76c4f279321b3b636cbd8e2/1978+chevrolet+corvette+2-door+coupe.html

http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/09e0474ddad4b14ca68df8edbe1ff2c1/1969+chevrolet+corvette+2-door+coupe.html
I wanted to buy this one, but im a little late....... bugger!! I think he sold it for $39k, bargin!!

http://www.westcoastcorvettesales.com/vehicle-details/1f086bc415294663ba8327525e5864be/1959+chevrolet+corvette+2-door+convertible.html
this is truley art...

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
I think a dealer would need very deep pockets and a lot of patience  to make money on C3s out of the US at the present exchange rates.
The NSW authorities are doing their  best to drive the cost of  importing up.
its a very hard way to make a quid
bfit

I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill