Author Topic: Dec 8 Corvette 60th Birthday Celebration & Club Xmas Picnic Day # CE050 Now with pics  (Read 11159 times)

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
  • Car: 1970 454 Manual
DONT FORGET A FULL TANK OF FUEL PEOPLE .

Thanks. Now, about the return trip ...
It's C3 chromie for me, see? Si!

Offline Midlifecrisis

• Four Barrel
  • Committee Member & Southern Rep
  • Mood: Unsure
I need a full radiator first. Just blew a set of hoses.
Reliable is boring. My car is exciting.

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
  • Mood: Girls just wanna have fun
This Sunday is Christmas/60th Birthday Picnic Day. :party: :party: :party: We have around 90 members attending this event!!!
Here are tips that will make your day better: :coffee:

Avon Dam is situated at Bargo.Gates open at 10.00am.  :wave: :wave: The convoy is leaving Uncle Leos Service Station at 9.00am so arrive at 8.30am and fill your tank  if necessary. For those who want to make their own way to the dam, travel along the Hume highway for approx. 50km south from Liverpool. Take the Avon Dam Road Exit and follow till the end. You cannot get lost   as it terminates at the dam itself. If all else fails GPS it  or  :phone: someone in the convoy.The address is Avon Dam Road Bargo.

We cannot stress enough that you have a FULL TANK OF FUEL. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

If you wish to leave early that afternoon from the dam  please travel at the back of the convoy so as to be last in for parking at the Dam. Parking is limited so we will have to double park.

Bring chairs and picnic rugs as there is limited sitting.

If you wish to bring nibbles and pre lunch snacks please do so.

Lunch is provided as well as desert. :perfecto: We will also be having a 60th birthday cake.

Soft drinks,water tea and coffee  :coffee: are supplied. Bring your own alcohol :drinks: :cocktail: if desired and don’t forget your wine glass!

Plates and cutlery are provided but if you wish to bring your own please do so.

We have some sunscreen and aerogard but feel free to bring along your own supply. Also shade covers might be handy.

It is going to be approx. 30 degrees so don’t forget to slip slop slap.

And finally you all should be on your best behaviour  as Santa  :santa: :santa: will be attending and Christmas isn’t too far away

Please call Ray or me for any more details if required. Enjoy yourself  :hi: :hi:
****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline bfit

• Don't talk of dust and roses
  • Global Moderator
  • Supercharged
  • Two one thousands
  • Mood: Honey reinforced
  • Car: Yes
I need a full radiator first. Just blew a set of hoses.

Blew a set of hoses
on BJ !
bfit
I have seen too many instances where people continue to pursue wrong courses of action because they do not take the time to think critically about what has happened in the past.’’
Winston Churchill

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
  • Car: 1969 Corvette Roadster

Blew a set of hoses
on BJ !
bfit

So you've dropped you load Bobby ?

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
'tis the season to blow hoses,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Offline 80 Vet

• Four Barrel
  • There is nothing quite like a vette
  • Mood: Feelin like a cruise
Thanks all for a wonderful day out again. Mr Chivas Regal and I will be having a drink tonight to celebrate the Corvette. On the way home we had a break down. The alternator belt let go, destroyed the air belt and knocked the power steering belt of the pulleys. Limped home with no alternator, power steering and then to top it off, Jethro passes us going down Mt Ousley. Thanks again to the Committee members. All that work behind the scenes does not go unnoticed.
 :drag:

Offline gtc

• Supercharged
Great day in total: great location, great weather, great organization, great cars and great people.

On my way out of the dam I was flagged down by a guy on a motorcycle. Turns out he has owned an 87 C4 for some ten years. Said he rang the Club about joining when he first got the car and whoever took the call couldn't be less helpful. I assured him that wouldn't happen today.

Wanted to know where to get a headlight problem fixed (Sirfixalot stand by for a call.)

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
Thanks all for a wonderful day out again. Mr Chivas Regal and I will be having a drink tonight to celebrate the Corvette. On the way home we had a break down. The alternator belt let go, destroyed the air belt and knocked the power steering belt of the pulleys. Limped home with no alternator, power steering and then to top it off, Jethro passes us going down Mt Ousley. Thanks again to the Committee members. All that work behind the scenes does not go unnoticed.
 :drag:

What didn't we pass would be more appropriate  :grin: :grin: :grin: Great day indeed thanks Trace and al those that assisted in making this yet another great NSW Corvette outing  :drunk:

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
What an excellent day.  :cheers:

Hats off to all those involved in the organisation of the day.  Perfect location, perfect weather and perfect people to spend the day with.  Had a great time. :thumb:

A few snaps of the day from my mobile phone.  Albums of the day, including those embarrassing candid  images, will be posted later  :bouncesmile:

Click images for larger views

Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
What a fantastic day,heaps of happy little vegemites all having a great time. 100 people at a club run isnt a bad turnout if i do say so :banana: :banana: :banana: Thanks to all who pitched in and helped and great to see a few potential new members among the faces.Nice to see Santa take some time out of his busy schedule to pay us a visit!! and yes i was well behaved Santa

****Don't let someone else dim your light simply because it's shining in their eyes***

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Are my eyes deceiving me??  :thud: :thud: :thud: This is a rare sight to behold 

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Ahhhh Now thats more like the man i know!! Love ya Ace!! :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Camo

• Jethro is my nemesis
  • Administrator
  • Supercharged
  • Joe Pappas Missile Builder
  • Car: 77. 355 ci 400hp
Pics of day by yours truly & Mal

Click image to see album

edited to show updated album 06/12/13
Time, The Predator That Stalks Us All

Black is not a colour, it's a life style

Offline Jethro

• Camo's nemesis
  • Supercharged
  • The Lone Ranger
Where's Wally ? I mean CammO  :rol: :rol: :rol: :rol:

Offline 69VETTE

• Supercharged
  • When a C3 is not Enough! - Try A C4
  • Mood: Get Jiggy Wit It

Great Pics Cam.. I see Ace left no stone unturned.. i mean food.. A Merry Christmas to all Corvettes Unlimited !!
Live life to the fullest...drive a Corvette

Offline Miss Independent

• Tri Powered
Went back to the dam on Tuesday and did some photography around the area. Heres a couple of shots of the dam for those that didnt venture down there. It has another picnic area closer to the water that would be great for a sunday bbq run.

Offline 80 Vet

• Four Barrel
  • There is nothing quite like a vette
  • Mood: Feelin like a cruise
Beautiful photography, looks like a location worth exploring further. Chris