Garry & Sharon’s – C4
Membership # 172
Joined in February 2003
My earliest recollection of wanting a Corvette was around 1973, I actually went to buy a C3 big block car at John Thompson cars at Burwood NSW in 1975 for an advertised $2,400.00. Upon reading the sales sticker properly it was for $24000.00 & when you are on $65.00 a week as an apprentice this is never going to happen.
C4 Corvette’s came onto the market in 1984 & I have always thought it would be great to have one in the garage & in 2002 I did.
• Car was pre ordered and then born in September 1986 from Bowling Green, Kentucky and delivered to Connell Chevrolet Costa Messa California, where it’s first and only American owner took delivery.
• Car was caught in a Californian sand storm & repainted in the U.S.A. “American style” in 1988 and still wears the same paint.
• Car was then traded where it was purchased along with 2 x C3’s & 3 x C4’s by Bob Lubic of Corvette Connection Lansvale and all landed in Australia September 1992.
• December 1992 mirror conversion completed & vehicle registered, I have step by step photos of the car during the conversion, a lot of work.
• Sharon and I saw the car in Canberra in December 2002 whilst not looking for a Corvette (expensive day) and after negotiations delivered in our driveway January 2003.
• Vehicle had not been registered and driven since 1998 however the car was a solid honest vehicle with all original parts and no accidents.
• I am the 3rd Australian owner of the car and the car was re registered in February 2003.
Car info and factory options list;
1986 C4 Coupe Medium Blue Metallic matching number car.
122 vehicle’s painted in Medium Blue Metallic for 1986.
T 700 R Transmission with a Stage 2 Shifting kit. G92 Performance Rear Axle 3.07 Ratio.
Z52 Suspension handling pack. Factory alloys 16” x 9.5”. A.B.S Braking system.
AQ9 Power Sports seats. A8 Leather Sports Graphite Grey seats. C68 Climate Control.
B4P Radiator Boost fan. KC4 Engine oil water cooler. UU8 Bose Stereo system.
VO1 Heavy Duty radiator. Z6A Defogger system.
Engine enhancements. Stainless exhaust. Alloys, Front 17” x 9”, Rear 17” x 11” staggered ZR1 styled. Rear Lip Spoiler, constructed by myself. Greenwood Hood Air Vents & water ducts.
Suspension polyurethane bushing & components replaced front and rear and lowered.
Brakes, Brembo 4 x piston Calipers on 300 mm rotors & hats up front with part Ceramic pads front and rear, this way I can run the car with Factory 16” Alloy wheels.
Interior, restyled and retrimmed in Connelly Leather. Momo steering wheel.
I will end up painting the car properly in the future (God only knows when) irrespective I have her parked in the garage waiting for me and that is what counts.
Sharon and Garry.